Providing a brief overview of the entire process of banking cord blood, from the moment you choose to save your baby’s cord blood, to collecting and preserving at the AssureImmune cord blood bank.
Understanding each step of the journey will help you make a better informed decision. Once you’ve chosen to bank your baby’s umbilical cord blood with AssureImmune, the experience couldn’t be safer and easier for both parents and baby.
- Step 1: Simply call 888-346-6863 to have one of our highly trained specialists explain the benefits of cord blood stem cell storage and answer any questions you may have. We’ll walk you through the process, from downloading forms to scheduling collection time after the delivery. Enrollment only takes a few minutes.
- Step 2: The collection kit is sent to your home via special courier. Please carefully read the instructions that come with the kit.
- Step 3: Keep the collection kit in a cool, shaded place.
In the delivery room
- Step 4: On arrival, inform the delivery room staff that your cord blood will be collected by AssureImmune and remind them to collect blood from the mother.
- Step 5: After delivery, call AssureImmune to inform them that you’ve delivered your baby and that you need a professional medical courier to collect the unit for AssureImmune.
- Step 6: The courier will then escort your unit on overnight shipment to our state-of-the-art processing and storage facility.
- Step 7: Your baby’s cord blood is checked, processed and cryopreserved. From this moment on, the unit is available to you and your family at any time.
- Step 8: You’ll receive a certificate of cryopreservation – confirming the details of the unit and the date the stem cells were banked with AssureImmune.
- Step 9: Congratulations! You are now a part of the AssureImmune family